Creating outstanding partnerships and growth strategies requires great people with exceptional intellect, drive and tenacity. The Kessler Group is constantly on the lookout for bright, motivated and creative talent eager to push the envelope of their expertise.
Those who join our team will be exposed to some of the richest opportunities and most interesting challenges of their career. Within Kessler and beyond, our people are successful because of the unique experiences they gain during their time here.
Life at The Kessler Group is more than a job. Our culture is fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial. We thrive in an environment where forward-thinking ideas meet drive and dedication. We are strong believers in pay-for-performance and offer a very robust array of benefits. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
The Kessler Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Department: Mergers & Acquisitions
Reports To: EVP, M&A
The Kessler Group is seeking an Assistant Vice President, M&A Advisory to join our entrepreneurial, fast-paced, rapidly growing company. This high-visibility position will be based in Boston and will have direct contact with Kessler’s senior management as well as its bank clients and partners. The Assistant Vice President will develop strategic analyses, perform valuation of credit related assets, conduct market intelligence, build and improve financial models and develop other support materials for use on client engagements and investment banking transactions. This individual will actively participate in multiple facets of each engagement both inside and outside the Kessler.
This position offers substantial opportunity to learn all aspects of the financial services industry as well company’s business and allows for significant growth potential.
- Perform industry/portfolio analyses and develop financial models for valuation and pricing
- Build strategic models to evaluate potential new business arrangements and opportunities
- Develop forecasts for credit card portfolios
- Support the investment banking unit on deal pursuit and closure
- Develop client-ready presentations summarizing strategic options and financial analytics
- Work on various other analytical projects as needed
- Assist senior executives with new business development activities
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college (finance or other analytical degree)
- Experience with financial/quantitative analysis and valuation: Minimum of 2 years experience in financial services, investment banking, or similar field requiring strong analytic/quantitative skills
- Sound business judgment, comfort with ambiguity in developing assumptions and making recommendations
- Experience with the development of pro-forma financial statements, valuation models or other complex quantitative models
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to deliver clear, crisp messages to client and senior management<.li>
- Ability to explain complex concepts and financial models succinctly
- Experience with developing presentations with logical storylines and content flow
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Willingness to work the necessary hours to deliver high-quality results under tight time frames
- Ability to work independently and take initiative for one’s own work
- Ability to prioritize work and to manage multiple projects/internal customers
- General knowledge of financial services and credit card industry: Knowledge of drivers of credit card industry and portfolio economics preferred